Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's the little things!

Last week my mother in law was in town and asked me a question that stopped me in my tracks. As we wandered through the local craft store she said, "What things do you like to buy for yourself or do for yourself?" I froze...I couldn't think of anything. I said, "Well, I....there was that time...once I..." I had nothing. I think as a mom we are so busy keeping up with our family's needs that it's easy to forget to take care of ourselves. We have to do the grocery shopping, balance the budget, clean, make dinner, etc. So that day my mother in law made me leave the kids with her. She stuck a $20 bill in my hand and said, "Go do something for yourself." My first thought was,"I could get 186 diapers!" but knowing I would likely have to report back to her what I got I don't think diapers would have made her too happy. While taking a forced time out I realized how important it is to pamper ourselves every once in a while. Even though I felt a little guilty at the moment I realized how refreshing it was to take care of myself. If this is NOT you, likely you know a mom like this. 

There's a great company you may not have heard of. Their name is Aihu and their mission is simply this, "to minister to women, men and their families about the importance of taking adequate time to take care of themselves." You can check them out  <<HERE>>.  At A Piece Of Mine we carry some of their products in the store so you don't have to order them online and wait to get them. If you're looking for a wonderful gift for your mom or any mom or maybe even yourself stop in, take the product for a test drive, and spoil yourself a bit.  
Happy Mother's Day!
Come on in and test them out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment