Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Friday everyone! The weekend is almost here and so is Mother's Day! Did you get mom a gift yet? Well if not, don't panic! You've still got time. Here's my suggestion...stop by Goodwill, a garage sale or rummage through the shed. Hold on, I know what you're thinking. Why on Earth would I give my mom junk for mother's day? Do you know what she would think!? Don't worry, Mother's Day is just another opportunity for you to upcycle something...take something old and make it new! I love when my children make something for me; to know they created it specifically with me in mind. So here's some ideas.... 
Check out these adorable candles! We all have old candles around the house to melt down and old coffee cups! Find the tutorial HERE.
This old water can is perfect for spring! Stop by Mabert's in Kenosha to find the perfect plants to put inside! Check out their Facebook page HERE.
Last but not least, how about a yummy treat and a cute cake stand for display? Here's an easy peasy homemade cake stand....Click HERE for the tutorial...
...and add a yummy cheesecake stuffed strawberry recipe. Check it out HERE

However you celebrate, I hope everyone has a great weekend and to all the moms out there, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment